Job Opening: SPECIAL EVENT ASSISTANT
Mount Pisgah Arboretum is seeking a seasonal Special Event Assistant to work an average of 15 hours per week on some Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings from 4:30pm-11:30pm, as well as some weekday hours for occasional events as availbility allows, from the last week of August through October 2021. The Special Event Assistant is a position of hospitality, from the first initial greeting to the conclusion of the guest’s event. Primary duties for the Special Event Assistant are to supervise weddings and other events in the Arboretum’s White Oak Pavilion, provide outstanding customer service to Pavilion renters and assist with break-down of each event.
Mount Pisgah Arboretum is a resource for the whole community, and promoting diversity, equity and inclusion is key to achieving our vision. We seek diverse perspectives throughout the organization, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status. If you think you have the skills we’re looking for we encourage you to apply.
Special Event Assitant duties:
- Oversee evening events (primarily weddings) at the White Oak Pavilion
- Provide for the needs of rental clients and vendors
- Monitor compliance with rental rules
- Maintain events log and communicate issues with other Arboretum event staff
- Facilitate event takedown including tables/chairs, lanterns, and other accessories
- Check grounds, parking lots and the Pavilion for safety concerns
- Ensure that rental facilities and other public amenties remain clean and well stocked
- Checkout renters, close events, secure site, lock facilities and gate
- Able to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings from 4:30pm-11:30pm, ability to work some variable weekday hours as events require preferred
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to provide outstanding customer service at every event
- Able to communicate appropriately and effectively with rental clients, the public, volunteers and staff.
- Able to solve practical problems and interpret instructions presented in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Enjoy weddings and large events
- Able to patrol Arboretum grounds for security checks
- Able to walk grounds, stand for periods of 30 minutes or more, and lift up to 50 lbs regularly
- Excellent reliability and punctuality
- Previous Event Coordination skills a plus!
- Valid Oregon driver’s license and own transportation required
Starting pay: $15 per hour.
Send cover letter, resume and three professional references by 5 pm by August 6thth to:
Leisha Wood, [email protected] . No phone calls or drop ins please.